Location: Leesburg, GA
Serve as a liaison between the member and the credit union. Provide account information and transaction services on a full range of products and services for Members United Credit Union. Responsible for processing a variety of financial transactions with varying levels of complexity, including processing teller transactions, the opening of membership and certificate of deposit accounts. Follow procedures, balance cash drawers and can identify and resolve discrepancies and differences.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Welcome and greet credit union members in a professional manner along with providing prompt, efficient, and accurate service in the processing of transactions.
- Provide specific and general service-related information to the member in person or by telephone that abides by the credit union’s policies and products.
- Respond to members’ requests, problems, and complaints, resolving issues, and/or directing them to the appropriate person for specific information and assistance.
- Open new accounts and service existing accounts along with actively cross-selling products.
- Set up new account suffixes and provide members with all necessary information for membership.
- Assist with mail or email transactions, when asked.
- Maintain up-to-date and comprehensive knowledge on all credit union products and services that are handed or promoted by Member Service Representatives.
- Promote credit union products and services based on member needs that are obtained from member interviews and/or reviews of a member’s account.
- Adheres to all Members United Credit Union policies and procedures, demonstrating sound judgment within established limits.
- Research accounts and contact members for deposit, withdrawal, and loan-payment discrepancies.
- Perform wire requests within the established procedures.
- Receive mortgage, consumer loan, and other payments, and ensure the payments match balance due. Enter payments into a computer. Generate member receipts.
- Place hold on accounts for uncollected funds.
- Count, check and package coins and currency.
- Respond to email or other electronic requests submitted by members.
- Balance cash drawer at the end of the shift and compares totaled amounts to the computer-generated proof sheets. Research and resolve discrepancies.
- Report any discrepancies to the supervisor.
- May be required to assist other departments to demonstrate teamwork through positive interaction with fellow associates through member transactions, inquiries, and issues.
- Complete teller and branch transactions completely in an accurate and efficient manner along with scanning batched and balance checks.
- Process all transactions to include, but not limited to deposits, withdrawals, transfers, loan payments, official checks, cash advances, Visa gift card sales, balance cash drawers.
- Ensure that the teller station is properly stocked with forms, supplies, brochures, etc.
- Report malfunctions of teller terminals and other equipment used at the teller stations.
- Check night depository bags and report proper information according to credit union procedures.
- Support and promote the Credit Union’s Vision, Mission, and Core Values.
- Any other duties that are given by the supervisor.
High School Diploma or GED
1 year bank teller (preferred)
Ability to read, analyze, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
Ability to interact with other employees, directors, and management.
Other Skills & Abilities
Ability to operate a personal computer and relevant software to access the credit union’s accounting system and member account information.
Basic knowledge of microcomputers with the ability to use Microsoft Excel and Word.
Basic input, output, error correction, general ledger account structure knowledge essential to be able to perform the job.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills along with leadership abilities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job in an office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
There is minimum discomfort from noise in this area. Detailed instructions and procedures to be followed in a potentially hazardous condition (i.e. robbery) are received to minimize the risk. Ability to travel including over to other branch locations and/or to training programs.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands or fingers to, handle or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk. The employee must occasionally lift and /or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.
$10 – $12 / hour
Monday – Friday
This Job Is Ideal For Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented — enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
Conditions of Employment
Offers of Employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating eligibility for employment with Georgia Community Bank. Also, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in application materials and a satisfactory credit check and drug screen.
Georgia Community Bank provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.